Job Title: Project Lead
Primary Skill: Java / Sapiens Policypro
Location: Hyderabad, Pune & Coimbatore
Experience: 8 – 10 Years
Are you looking forward to leading a team of software developers and taking on the challenge of solving complex business problems? If so, here is the chance. With your in-depth technical knowledge and expertise, you are regarded as a problem-solver, as you produce, test and debug codes. You guide engineers and developers in following the software development best practices. Join our team and lead the way to change!
Know your team:
“CoreLeverage” is one of our main future growth enablers as there is large scale investments by our customers in modernization and adoption of new application platforms and technologies. Your role in building this Practice with matured service offerings, deep applications and industry knowledge and to be partner of choice for our customers and prospects is critical as we move to build this LOB into future.
As a project lead, you are responsible for performing the following tasks:
- Work with departmental heads, managers, and other stakeholders to develop team goals and delegate tasks to the appropriate team member
- Develop team schedules and assist in the successful onboarding and training of team members
- Coordinate development efforts between India and US teams
- Estimate effort and timelines for the change
- Create and communicate a clear list of expectations and goals for team members to follow
- Offer emotional support to project team members and make people feel valued
- Maintain frequent communication to offer encouragement, amend tasks, and provide updates on goal progress
- Provide frequent feedback on employee performance, address weaknesses or inefficiencies, and offer support to improve skill gaps
- Nurture collaboration amongst team members
- Create a workspace that encourages creativity and innovation to get the most out of the team
- Be quick and effective in resolving team conflicts
- Write project reports as necessary
- Provide accurate and timely estimates for reporting and analytics solutions
- Manage and fulfil customer expectations and ensure high-quality delivery
- Work closely with the architects and the engineering team on the implementation
- Take key project related decisions and complete accountability of the project outcomes
- Total experience of 8 – 10 Years
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or related field; related work experience can be substituted for educational requirement
- 3-5 years’ experience leading software development efforts
- Experience with project management & Full lifecycle development experience
- Experience with development tools such as Eclipse, Subversion, and Jenkins is a plus
- Experience with various types of software testing
- Experience working with US clients
- Good conceptual, analytical, mathematical skills
- Good learner and self-starter, and a team player, ready for the next challenge – wherever it may be.
- Ability to work remotely with US project team
Candidates having these extra skills on their resumes are an added advantage while assessing the profile. Some of them are as follows:
- Experience in Sapiens Policypro would be plus.
- Domain experience in the Insurance Industry desired, preferably in the Property and Casualty
- Experience in writing advanced SQL, PL/SQL.
- Experience working with enterprise application architecture frameworks
- Experience in full software development lifecycle using agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Experience in using AWS is plus.
- Experience working in Agile is preferred
About the Company:
ValueMomentum is amongst the fastest growing insurance-focused IT services providers in North America. Leading insurers trust ValueMomentum with their core, digital and data transformation initiatives. Having grown consistently every year by 24%, we have now grown to over 4000 employees. ValueMomentum is committed to integrity and to ensuring that each team and employee is successful. We foster an open work culture where employees’ opinions are valued. We believe in teamwork and cultivate a sense of fun, fellowship, and pride among our employees.
We at ValueMomentum offer you the opportunity to grow by working alongside the experts. Some of the benefits you can avail are:
- Career Advancement Guidance: Individual Career Development, coaching and mentoring programs for professional and leadership skill development in a global and diverse work environment.
- Training (functional & technical), mentorship, valuable professional qualification, and certifications
- Performance Management: Goal Setting, continuous feedback, and year-end appraisal. Reward & recognition for the extraordinary performers.
- Comprehensive health & wellness benefits. Paid time off and holidays.